Improve Balance, Coordination, Flexibility and Strength
Yoga is the practice of combining different dynamic postures which help to develop balance, coordination, flexibility and strength. This low impact exercise regimen encourages relaxation and stress management, as well as overall health, energy and vitality. You'll finish each class feeling renewed and rejuvenated.
- Level: All
- Drop-in Class
- No registration required
- Youth ages 12-13 may attend accompanied by an adult
- Teens age 14+ may attend unaccompanied by an adult
A Typical Class
Each instructor creates his or her own class rhythm. A typical class includes standing poses, twists, core work, balancing poses, forward bends, and restorative poses. All postures combine flexibility, strength, and balance to work the entire body. In this class, let your body be your guide. No single pose is required and modifications are available for every pose. You determine when you are ready for more challenging poses.
- Reduces stress
- Increases blood circulation
- Improves flexibility
- Increases strength
- Improves sleep patterns
- Promotes relaxation
Tips + Preparation
- New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Arrive 5 minutes early to set your mat up
- Be respectful of other students' relaxation
- Inform your instructor of any injuries you may have before class starts.
- Yoga mat (available in the studio)
- Yoga block (available in the studio)
- Yoga strap (available in the studio)
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Comfortable, functional clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Sweatshirt or warmer layer for the relaxation portion (optional)
- Water bottle
- Sweat towel (available at the welcome desk)