PROMOTING HEALTHY LIVING
IN OUR COMMUNITIES
In 2006, the Kettle Moraine YMCA and Washington County Health Department co-sponsored a public forum related to obesity, Healthy People: That's the Bottom Line. Over 100 representatives from area businesses attended.
From that forum, the Healthy People Project of Washington County (HPPWC) coalition was formed to address and improve the health status of Washington County residents related to obesity and physical inactivity.
The Healthy People Project of Washington County is a community-based coalition seeking to:
- Improve overall health in our communities, emphasizing personal nutrition and physical activity improvement by our citizens
- Raise community awareness of our mission
- Be recognized as a reputable community resource
- Influence policy decisions
- Be action-oriented, with diverse projects
- Partner with other organizations and community stakeholders to fulfill our mission
- Strive for community buy–in
- Recruit and maintain a diverse and active board with rotating leadership
For more information :